- ARISE IIP
- 7 October 2022
Why invest in Togo?
Togo boasts aparticularly advantage ous geostrategic position in West Africa, being a transit country for many landlocked neighboring countries (Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali), and benefiting from the proximity of other important countries in the West African sub-region (Benin, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire).
Investing in Togo is a golden opportunity due to the many advantages the country has to offer, notably the following:
- A particularly advantageous geographical position making it a gateway for investors in West Africa.
- 1st best reforming country in sub-Saharan Afri- ca, 8th among African countries and 97th in the overall ranking according to the Doing Business 2020;
- An economic and financial performance reco- gnized by the main financial rating agencies in the world
- Member of the West African Economic and Mo- netary Union (WAEMU) and of the Economic Community of West African States (ECO WAS) offering it access to a vast market of over 400 million inhabitants;
- Member of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA);
- A Country qualified for AGOA (Africa Growth and Opportunity Act) which allows companies producing in Togo to export duty free to the United States.
- A country of peace and stability that offers any investor personal peace of mind as well as security for their invested funds.
PIA is a vertically integrated industrial zone, focused at creating thriving value chains for storage, processing, manufacturing, and export. Strategically located on the backbone of Lomé – Burkina industrial corridor, PIA offers the best entry to the ECOWAS and landlocked region of West Africa. PIA will be a special economic area for local and foreign investors, replete with an advantageous tax regime, modern infrastructure and integrated multimodal logistics services.